QUEBEC — Police in Quebec City say two people are dead and five others have been injured in a stabbing rampage in the provincial capital.
They say a man in his mid-20s has been arrested in connection with the Halloween night attacks and taken to hospital.
Police had earlier warned residents to remain indoors as they hunted for a man dressed in medieval clothing and armed with a bladed weapon who had left “multiple victims.”
Spokesman Etienne Doyon said police were first notified of the stabbings near the national assembly shortly before 10:30 p.m. Saturday.
The five injured victims were taken a local hospital, and a spokeswoman said their lives did not appear to be in danger.
Police asked area residents to remain indoors as their investigation was ongoing.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published Nov. 1. 2020.
The Canadian Press