Connect with us

General News

Tamar Braxton pays tribute to boyfriend for ‘saving my life’

LOS ANGELES — Tamar Braxton is thanking her boyfriend for “saving my life” after her hospitalization last month.

Braxton posted a lengthy message on social media late Saturday that paid tribute to David Adefeso being her “angel on earth.” She said she is grateful for Adefeso who found her “lifeless” in their home, saying it “couldn’t have been easy” for him.

The R&B singer did not provide details about her hospitalization. Police only confirmed they responded to a medical emergency July 16 at the downtown Los Angeles high rise that she calls home.

“Through this entire time, you have held my hand, heard my cries, held me when I have been weak. You have had my ENTIRE back??” she said in the post.

Braxton, 43, shared the post along with an older video of the couple talking about getting engaged. She called Adefeso and her 7-year-old son Logan, whom she shares with former husband Vincent Herbert, a priority.

“Although I been said yes in this old video… now and then, I couldn’t imagine what life would be like if you weren’t by my side,” she wrote. “Thank God I’m here and thank God for you.”

Adefeso replied to Braxton’s post with a short message.

“I love you. You love me. We love Logan. Together forever,” he said with emojis including one of a diamond ring.

Though Tamar Braxton released her debut album in 2000, she made a splash in pop culture when she and her sisters, including Grammy-winning icon Toni Braxton, launched their reality series “Braxton Family Values” on WEtv in 2011. It was an insta-hit, with Tamar Braxton shining as the show’s breakout fan favourite.

The series helped propel her music career. She had the R&B hit “Love & War” soon after and even earned three Grammy nominations for her music, two for the song and one for the album of the same title.

The success led to a WEtv spinoff “Tamar & Vince” with her then husband-manager Vincent Herbert, a music executive who played a role in Lady Gaga’s career. She filed for divorce from Herbert in 2017.

From 2013 to 2016, Tamar Braxton was one of the co-hosts of the daytime talk show “The Real,” earning two Daytime Emmy nominations alongside the other hosts for outstanding entertainment talk show host. She competed on “Dancing with the Stars” during her daytime TV stint.

Her 2015 album, “Calling All Lovers,” helped her nab a fourth Grammy nomination, and her last album was 2017’s “Bluebird of Happiness.” Her music has won her a BET Award and three Soul Train Music Awards.

She most recently appeared on VH1’s “To Catch a Beautician,” a series about hairstylists who wrecked their clients’ hair. Her WEtv reality series called “Tamar Braxton: Get Ya Life!” was expected to premiere last week, but has been postponed to Sept. 10.

The Associated Press

Continue Reading
Comments

General News

Bank of England holds off more stimulus, sees slow recovery

LONDON — The Bank of England left its benchmark interest rate at a record low of 0.1% on Thursday as it expressed caution about how rapidly the United Kingdom’s economy will recover from the COVID-19 pandemic.

The bank also left its target for buying government and corporate bonds unchanged at 745 billion pounds ($980 billion).

The decision to hold off more stimulus was widely expected as the uncertainty over the pandemic could require more action later, economists say.

New figures due next week are expected to show the economy contracted almost 19% in the second quarter from the previous three-month period. That would be better than the central bank’s forecast in May for a 25% drop. Yet the recovery from that historic plunge is now also expected to be more gradual.

The Bank of England said the economy was not expected to return to pre-pandemic levels before the end of 2021, with outlook highly uncertain.

The minutes of the bank’s meeting showed that its policymakers are particularly concerned that the rise in unemployment could prove to be more persistent than expected. Unemployment, meanwhile, is expected to hit 7.5% this year.

They said they were worried that the economy could recover slowly as uncertainty over the pandemic leads some households and businesses to hold off spending.

The Associated Press

Continue Reading

General News

Grammy-winning producer Detail accused of sexual assault

LOS ANGELES — Grammy Award-winning music producer Detail was arrested Wednesday on more than a dozen charges of sexual assault, authorities said.

The 41-year-old producer was held on nearly $6.3 million bail, according to a statement from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

Detail, whose real name is Noel Christopher Fisher, was charged on July 31 with 15 counts of sexual assault and five counts of felony assault, the statement said. He is accused of crimes between 2010 and 2018.

Detectives submitted the case to the Los Angeles County district attorney’s office in January, the statement said. It didn’t provide other details.

“Mr. Fisher was just arrested some hours ago and I have not had an opportunity to speak to him or look at the charges. I am quite certain he will enter a not guilty plea and contest to the fullest all of these allegations,” his attorney, Irwin Mark Bledstein, said in an email late Wednesday night.

Detail won a Grammy in 2015 for co-writing the Beyonce and Jay-Z hit “Drunk in Love” and has also produced hits for Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj and Wiz Khalifa.

Last year, a model and aspiring singer was awarded $15 million in a Los Angeles lawsuit that accused the producer of abusing and raping her.

She is one of six women, some established professionals and others music-industry newcomers, who have spoken out publicly against what they said was Fisher’s sexual aggression.

At least two, both former assistants, have filed their own lawsuits. Fisher has said in court documents filed in those lawsuits that all the allegations against him are false, and have led to his losing all work and being evicted.

The Associated Press

Continue Reading

General News

Bomb survivors lament Japan not doing enough for nuke ban

HIROSHIMA, Japan — Hiroshima on Thursday marked the 75th anniversary of the U.S. atomic bombing on Aug. 6, 1945, the world’s first nuclear attack.

The bombing destroyed the city and killed 140,000 people, mostly civilians and including many children. The U.S. dropped a second bomb three days later on Nagasaki, killing another 70,000. Japan surrendered on Aug. 15, ending World War II and its nearly half-century of aggression in Asia.

Survivors, their relatives and other participants marked the 8:15 a.m. blast anniversary with the sound of a bell followed by a minute of silence.

Hiroshima Mayor Kazumi Matsui urged world leaders to more seriously commit to nuclear disarmament.

Associated Press, The Associated Press

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 DAILY PATRON powered by Media Nri Ltd.