Unfortunately, the medieval cathedral of Notre Dame, Paris immersed in the major fire. It was one of France’s most popular landmarks. The roof and the spire of the building have completely collapsed whereas the main structures including two bells are safe. We will tell you every detail about the cathedral Norte Dame fire.
This 850 years old building is a symbol of the European & French culture.
About 500 firefighters were successful to preserve the main structure however they couldn’t save roof and the spire as the fire spread rapidly. in 8 hours, the medieval cathedral Norte Dame fire was controlled. Thus the cathedral was saved from total destruction. Sadly, a firefighter was badly injured while tackling the fire.
The flames began at 18:30 and soon reached the roof and spire. The roof was build of stained glass windows and centuries-old oak wood. But, the cause of the fire is still ambiguous.
Paris Prosecutor’s office launched an inquiry “accidental destruction by fire”.
Cathedral Norte Dame Fire – France People Reaction:
People of France are in grief. Some were even weeping to see the cathedral on fire. People were chanting hymns and prayers. While some were in complete silence.
Many visitors and tourists shared their memories of cathedral Notre Dame. Many churches rang their bells while the cathedral was flaming.
Not just France but the whole world is in grief.
Cathedral Norte Dame Fire – Preservation:
Notably, some parts of the cathedral were under renovation therefore, 16 copper statues were removed.
According to Paris Mayor, Anne Hidalgo, many artworks rescued and now in safe storage.
This 8 centuries old cathedral is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that attracts millions of tourists every year. It was also featured in Victor Hugo’s classic novel “The Hunchback of Notre-Dame”. Notre-Dame was the country’s literary masterpiece. It attracts more tourists and visitors than the Eiffel Tower.
Cathedral Norte Dame Fire – Renovation:
France’s president Emmanuel Macron vowed to reconstruct the medieval cathedral. President says that worst had been avoided while he visited the site.
The French charity foundation du Patrimoine is going to launch an international fundraising appeal.
French billionaire François-Henri Pinault already pledged to donate €100 million for cathedral’s renovation.
Even the president also pledged to raise international funds for the cathedral renovation.
Cathedral Norte Dame Fire – International Reaction:
German Chancellor Angela Merkel called Norte-Dame, “symbol of French and European culture”.
US President Donald Trump also shared his heartfelt feelings for cathedral Notre Dame fire by a tweet.
So horrible to watch the massive fire at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. Perhaps flying water tankers could be used to put it out. Must act quickly!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 15, 2019
UK Prime Minister Theresa May also tweeted, “My thoughts are with the people of France tonight and with the emergency services who are fighting the terrible blaze at Notre-Dame cathedral”.
My thoughts are with the people of France tonight and with the emergency services who are fighting the terrible blaze at Notre-Dame cathedral.
— Theresa May (@theresa_may) April 15, 2019
So, this was everything about the cathedral Norte Dame fire. Do tell us your views about this sad incident. For more information stay tuned to Daily Patron.
Kuwait emir, 91, to go to US for medical care after surgery
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — Kuwait says its 91-year-old ruling emir, who recently underwent surgery, will travel to the U.S. for further medical care.
That’s according to a report Wednesday night by the state-run KUNA news agency.
Kuwait has yet to elaborate what required Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah to seek a previously unannounced medical treatment beginning Saturday. However, Sheikh Sabah’s sudden surgery could inspire a renewed power struggle within Kuwait’s ruling family.
Sheikh Sabah will leave for the U.S. on Thursday morning.
The Associated Press
US sales of existing homes jump 20% after a 3-month slump
BALTIMORE — Americans stepped up their home purchases in June by a robust 20.7% after the pandemic had caused sales to crater in the prior three months. But the housing market could struggle to rebound further in the face of the resurgent viral outbreak and a shrinking supply of homes for sale.
Sales of existing homes rose last month to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 4.72 million, the National Association of Realtors said Wednesday. Despite the sharp gain, purchases are still down 11.3% from a year ago, when homes had sold at an annual pace of 5.32 million. And Lawerence Yun, the Realtors’ chief economist, noted that sales remain roughly 20% below their pre-pandemic levels.
At the same time, housing has managed to avoid a deeper slump from the severe recession caused by the coronavirus. Demand has remained strong among buyers who have managed to weather the downturn, while record-low mortgage rates have helped sustain affordability.
“Buyers are out in force, but new listings remain the key to housing’s recovery,” said Danielle Hale, chief economist at Realtor.com. “More sellers are needed before we’ll see year over year gains in home sales.”
The number of property listings has plunged 18.2% from a year ago to 1.57 million. It’s the 13th straight month of shrinking supply on an annual basis. The shortage of homes makes it unlikely that the housing industry can significantly boost the overall economy.
Home buyers typically purchase new furniture and fix up older properties. Their ability to deliver such a spending boost is constrained if they can’t find an available house. The limited supply is also forcing up prices just when many Americans are struggling with financial uncertainty because of the recession.
The combination of steady demand and falling mortgage rates has helped fuel a 3.5% rise in the median price of an existing home over the past year to $295,300.
Home sales rose in the Northeast, Midwest, South and West last month. But the increases were most dramatic in the West, with a 32% gain and the South with a 26% gain.
Josh Boak, The Associated Press
2 more ex-Wirecard managers arrested, ex-CEO back in custody
BERLIN — Two more former executives at bankrupt German payment company Wirecard were arrested on Wednesday in the fraud scandal that brought down the one-time tech star and its former CEO was taken back into custody after the case against him was expanded, prosecutors said.
The two newly arrested ex-managers are the company’s chief financial officer until the end of 2017 and its former head of accounting, Munich prosecutor Anne Leiding said. She identified them only as L. and von E. respectively, in keeping with German privacy rules.
The case against ex-CEO Markus Braun was expanded and a court ordered him kept in custody, Leiding said. Braun was first arrested last month on suspicion of market manipulation and falsifying financial results, and then released on bail. A fourth former executive, the head of a subsidiary in Dubai, was arrested in early July.
Wirecard filed for protection from creditors through an insolvency proceeding on June 25 after executives admitted that 1.9 billion euros ($2.2 billion) that had been represented as being held in trust accounts in the Philippines probably did not exist. The company said it is investigating the scope of its business handling payments through regional third parties, a major source of profits, and how that business was being conducted.
Leiding said prosecutors believe that the four suspects arrested, along with others, agreed in 2015 to inflate Wirecard’s balance sheet by faking income from business with so-called third-party acquirers, making it more attractive to potential investors.
“In reality, it was clear to the suspects by the end of 2015 at the latest that Wirecard was losing money overall with its actual business,” she told reporters. The suspects initiated talks that resulted in banks in Germany and Japan – along with other investors hoodwinked by the over-rosy annual accounts – providing some 3.2 billion euros in total, Leiding said. The moneyis probably lost now that the company is insolvent, she added.
Leiding wouldn’t break down the potential charges against the individual suspects, but said they include fraud, breach of trust, misrepresentation and market manipulation.
The Wirecard debacle has raised questions about the effectiveness of German financial regulation, and about who in the government knew what when. It has been viewed as a setback for the investment climate and attempts to promote the country as a base for financial services companies.
The Associated Press
Commons committee hears from charity watchdog group as WE hearings continue
Indigo reports nearly $32M loss thanks to COVID-19 temporary store closures
Linamar sees second-quarter sales fall by more than 50 per cent amid COVID-19
Homicide, thefts, fraud: Alarming increases in brazen crime in Winnipeg
Canada’s largest Indigenous police force has never shot anyone dead
Authorities: 1 dead after tornado hits western Minnesota
Ontario20 hours ago
Energy pushes TSX higher in early trading while U.S. stock markets mixed
Opinion18 hours ago
US-LED COALITION AGAINST CHINA’S GLOBAL DOMINATION PLANS IS INEVITABLE
Ontario23 hours ago
No summer slowdown in Toronto real estate as July shatters sales record
Ontario20 hours ago
Toronto police apologize for not notifying SIU about Dafonte Miller beating
Ontario8 hours ago
Dubois, Blue Jackets down Leafs 4-3 in overtime to grab 2-1 series lead
Ontario22 hours ago
Commons’ committee to hear from charity watchdog group as WE hearings continue
Ontario12 hours ago
Ford pledges help for ‘overworked,’ ‘underpaid’ personal support workers
Opinion18 hours ago
Ed Buck, Democrat Donor faces life imprisonment without parole – grand jury added four more felony charges